Friday, December 30, 2011

Don't worry about saving these songs ...


Don't worry about saving these songs!
And if one of our instruments breaks,
it doesn't matter.

For we have fallen into the place
where everything is music . . . 

~ Rumi 

It's been a dream of mine since I can remember....
I would be on stage one day...feeling and being a spontaneous instrument of Spirit. (You can insert Love, God, Truth etc.). Spontaneous transparency, singing, moving, playing as the "all in me". I seem to have also made this agreement long ago. It goes something like this...

I'll take birth into this human form, take on this identity, get completely lost, make an outrageous number of mistakes, try every possible way out of illusion and delusion. I'll basically fool myself in so many many ways, and for so long, that I'll finally (blessedly) tire myself out!

Here's the tricky part: Awakening is more important to me than my success as a singer-songwriter. I know that it's not enough to simply sing about Truth, Oneness, and Love. I have to BE this.

It's all a setup. I basically have to die in order to live this truth. Every illusion has to be burned up and seen through so that I can live and be the truth that I am.

So....how much to do? How much to let go? Of course there's no simple answer.
There's today, there's now.... there's life and the living of it. There are many songs, in various stages of completion, nibbling at my heart, asking to be sung.

I can see the gifts of Spirit. If I accomplish too much by doing, then ego becomes stronger. If on the other hand I get lost in "well it's all perfect so there's nothing to do" well, we know this isn't right either.

Seeing that no thought is real, it gets really interesting. Scary sometimes. 

Who's running the show?

Again, no simple answers here.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. It's so beautiful to see such a real human being. I mean, how rare is it that someone REALLY wants Truth and awakening more than their own external success? This is exactly what makes the music coming through you so potent and in tune.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...